Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that is often referred to as a silent killer. It is generated by incomplete combustion of fuel in an engine, heater, appliance or from an open flame. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), CO poisoning claims the lives of more than 400 people […]
About Lisa Zollinger
Lisa is Ivey Engineering's (IEI) marketing manager and has over 17 years of experience in communication and marketing and 10 years as a search engine marketing expert. She currently handles all SEO responsibilities and content creation for IEI's web site, blog and newsletter.
Entries by Lisa Zollinger
Is this scenario a familiar one? You squeeze between the under part of a kitchen sink and the wall, squirming around trying to find where to screw in the hose of the new faucet. After a few minutes of rearranging the overly long hose so that the end would face the way you want, you […]
According to the National Fire Protection Association, fire departments respond to a fire once every 24 seconds. Meanwhile, nearly 4,000 Americans die per year in house fires. This means the likelihood someone will be affected by a building fire in his or her lifetime is far greater than most people expect.
The next time you shuffle into your favorite restaurant, exhausted after a long day of work, stop for a second. Notice the curvature of the entryway and the texture of the paint on the walls. Each feature was a choice made by a commercial contractor, piecing together various aspects to not only engineer an establishment, […]
Keeping employees, customers and guests comfortable when the weather outside is stifling is a primary concern for companies looking to maximize foot traffic at their location. Unfortunately, the costs of cooling an industrial building can be steep, with company profits being significantly undermined in buildings that have not made energy efficiency a priority.
Allergies and asthma can wreak havoc on a family. Whether you’re in the doctor’s office for a flare-up or just miserable in your home, you may feel that there’s nothing you can do. However, there’s hope out there. There are several steps you can take to reduce the flare-ups and issues you deal with daily […]
Many buildings constructed prior to 1973 were not energy efficient and relied on non-renewable energy sources, such as petroleum, natural gas and coal. However, a group of 12 oil-rich countries created the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), which enacted a limit on the quantity of petroleum that other non-producing countries could purchase.
Just as a surgeon relies on instruments to perform a successful surgery, so does an attorney depend on tools to win a case. One of these tools is an expert witness, or someone, such as a medical examiner, engineer, accountant or scientist, who has more knowledge on a particular subject than the average person and […]
The water we use on a daily basis is just as essential as the air we breathe. According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a typical American household uses more than 300 gallons of water per day. On average, 70 percent of water usage occurs indoors and the other 30 percent is used outdoors.
Spring may seem like the perfect time to think about the maintenance of your air-conditioning system and how to improve its energy efficiency and dependability. However, many homeowners often wait until summer to have their AC system serviced or maintained, especially if it seems like there’s nothing wrong with it.
Ivey Engineering, based in San Diego, California, has performed expert witness and forensic consulting services since 1994. IEI serves clients in over 30 states. Our staff is comprised of engineers, former construction executives and service and repair professionals who are licensed in various states.
Get in Touch
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: 8330 Juniper Creek Lane
San Diego, CA 92126