IEI $1,000 Annual Scholarship Essay Contest
The Ivey Engineering $1,000 annual scholarship provides college and university students an opportunity to earn money to further their education.
Winner Payout and Announcement
- The deadline for Ivey Engineering scholarship entries is annually on May 1. The winner’s name and photo will be published at the bottom of the scholarship contest page.
- If there are fewer than 20 entries, the deadline will be extended.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail about four weeks after the deadline.
- Scholarship entries will be carefully reviewed by a team of judges at Ivey Engineering.
- The scholarship will be paid out in amounts of $1,000 (U.S.) to each winner in the form of a check that will be mailed directly to the college or university attended by the winning student.
Scholarship Entry Requirements
Carefully research and compose an essay of 800 to 1,000 words on one of the following topics. The essay will be judged on content and creativity and should use correct grammar and punctuation. It must be your own work and not previously published or entered in other competitions.
Choose a topic below for your essay: (Third-party sites such as Fastweb may not have updated topics. Please use our list of topics.)
- Top 6 Tips to Help Prevent a Home or Building Fire
- 7 Most Proven Ways to Increase the Value of your Home
- Pros and Cons of Replacing a Roof Yourself
The requirements for eligible student entries are:
- You should presently be a senior in high school;
- Or be transitioning from high school to a college or university;
- Or be already enrolled as an undergraduate in a college or university inside the United States.
- Employees and their immediate family members of Ivey Engineering are not eligible to participate.
- Students with full academic scholarships are not eligible to enter.
- Past winners are not eligible to participate in the contest.
How We Would Like to Receive Your Entry
- Email your essay in Microsoft Word document or plain text format to [email protected]. Only one entry per person will be permitted.
- Please specify your name, date of birth, contact telephone number, email address and mailing address. Your contact information will be held in confidence and will not be shared.
- Please indicate how you heard about the scholarship. (If you saw it advertised on another website, such as Fastweb, please provide the name).
- If you are under 18 years old, please provide a parent or guardian’s e-mail address.
- Include the name of the college or university and the mailing address of the financial aid office that you are presently attending or that you’ll be attending after high school. (College or university information must be included at time of application. If you have not applied or been accepted to a college yet, we suggest you wait and apply for the scholarship during the next round of applications.)
- Please attach a headshot photo of yourself in .JPG or .PNG format that is at least 300 pixels wide.
- If we don’t receive all requested information by the deadline or in the required format, your submission may be disqualified.
All submitted essays and photos become the property of Ivey Engineering and can be used for future editorial content on the company’s web site, blog, social media pages or in marketing materials.